AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Final URL delay?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have updated final url's in my Adwords account, but they don't seem to be working. Is there a delay for these to take?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Final URL delay?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Patrick F,

Whenever you edit any part of an ad, it has to be reviewed and approved before they are live for action. If you open AdWords, click on the Ads column, you can see your ad status for each. If needed, make sure you change the drop down menu (right above the large red button + Ad) to All but removed, or All, so that you can see them. If this is set to All Enabled, you will only see active ads. 

Kind Regards,

James

Final URL delay?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response James. When I updated the Final URL's I was expecting them to go to "Under Review" status, but they remained as "Eligible", even after refreshing the page. Hence my confusion.

But it would make sense for them to be reviewed, so perhaps this is the reason for the delay. Strange that the status did not change though?

Final URL delay?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Patrick F,

You are very welcome. 

I have had that happen before, which in my case, they were live right away. It seems that if the final URL domain matches the display URL domain and nothing else is changed, the ad can go right to eligible status... and then go to approved status a few hours or several hours later.

I would give it a few hours and see what they say.

Kind Regards,

James