AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Failing to upload E-Mail List to Adwords Audiences

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

I wanted to upload the e-mail list I have currently in my re-marketing audiences. However, even after converting the list into the exact format (.csv, separate line for each e-mail..) that Google AdWords requires I still get the error message -

"Your file contains too many invalid email addresses. Of the 1 email addresses you uploaded, 0 were in the accepted format (0%). Some email addresses weren't in the accepted format. To see what might be causing this, try checking the ones on lines: 1"

The file has around 25000 e-mails and not 1 as incorrectly stated.

I don't know what else to do..even the old list that once was successfully uploaded does now get this error message.

Any suggestions? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter G
October 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, I had this exact issue... out of pure curiosity I asked the guy next to me who uses windows (I use mac) to do exactly what I did. upload the CSV... worked 1st time. Maybe that's all it takes? 

View solution in original post

Re: Failing to upload E-Mail List to Adwords Audiences

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The error message that is being displayed portrays that there is only 1 email address uploaded. Whereas you have uploaded around 25k emails. This means that all those emails are being recognized as one, owing to the separator being between individual email addresses. Try checking how they are differentiated, a new line or just comma would work.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for your reply.

I have tried several other options, all unsuccessful.

All e-mails are in one Column, but all in different rows. I have then put another blank row in between each of them, that didn't work.

I have also tried it with a comma at the end of each e-mail (with a space/without a space), but that's also not working, at least it shows me a different error recognising the number of e-mail telling me that of the "25000 emails 0 were in the accepted format..."

Any other suggestions?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Any more ideas ? Much appreciated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm getting the exact same error message. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix? I've tried copying all emails into notepad, making them lowercase, then copying it back into Excel and saving as a CSV but still no luck.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Let each email address be in a different cell in Excel. Then select the
range and apply comma to it. That will make a proper CSV file and then go
ahead.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Navpreet, my e-mail addresses are all in separate rows (in one column) and each have a comma at the end - everything is saved in .cvs. I still get the same error message.

It tells me the exact amount of e-mails available in the files but tells me none are in the accepted format. Really don't know what's wrong. First e-mail is "user_name@soso.fr" shouldn't be anything wrong that...

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Peter G
October 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, I had this exact issue... out of pure curiosity I asked the guy next to me who uses windows (I use mac) to do exactly what I did. upload the CSV... worked 1st time. Maybe that's all it takes? 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks - I'll try that out!