AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Expanded Text Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello AdWords; 

For the Expanded Text Ads, will you be able to approve automatically the double explamation mark in Spanish. In Spanish it is mandatory to have both (¡! or ¿?). In the text ads it is possible but they get automatically disapprove with the Expanded Text Ads. 

Thanks 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Expanded Text Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Gabriela S,

No, they are not allowed. Sorry.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello James,

They have to be allowed because if not they are considered as a grammatical error in Spanish.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Gabriela S,

I still do not believe it is allowed.

Let me ping @stickleback, which will be able to provide an absolute answer to you. 

Kind Regards,

James

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Gabriela S & @James_Clemens

We have expanded text ads with the ¿? in the headlines which have been approved without a problem. If your ads are being disapproved it may be for something else.

I am sure we did not have to request any kind of manual review for these ads - you are, of course, correct that without the preceding ¿ a question is grammatically incorrect - so they are definitely allowed.

It is possible that, for them to be approved, your campaign must be targeting Spanish as a language - and maybe only Spanish - so perhaps try splitting your languages if you are targeting more than one language (which you should be doing anyway ;-) )