AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Error in setting budget cost me $994 over the course of 20 minutes! I need this waived.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. There was an extreme error in my daily budget for one of my campaigns. I noticed a crazy unusual amount of traffic coming in to my site and knew something was strange. I checked my budget again and it was set to $1000 instead of $10.00! Over the course of a few minutes, a balance of over $900 was added to my account! Not even any time to fix the error. I am nearly having a heart attack. I absolutely cannot pay this. I don't understand how it could even fly through the budget so quickly like that. I emailed support and am awaiting a response. Would they be able to waive these charges? I just signed up for adwords today and am having an absolutely awful experience. I suppose this error is a result of my inexperience with the platform and I was targeting the keyword "black friday". I am praying they understand the situation and remove the charges.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Error in setting budget cost me $994 over the course of 20 minutes! I need this waived.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry to hear you are having frustration with your account spend.  

This is a mostly peer-to-peer volunteer support community and as forum members, we do not have access to your account and can only offer suggestions.  We are not Google employees or representatives and cannot speak for Google, or address business issues. 

Account charges are a business issue which you will have to rectify by working with Google. 

Best of luck, hth. 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Matthew,

Contacting AdWords support directly is the correct move - there's nothing we can here, as you already know what went wrong.

I can't think of any merchant that could make a profit from "black friday" today, except perhaps Amazon. Combining that with the budget mistake is a real bad luck.

It does appear to highlight that the typical reporting delay of 2-3 hours is perhaps disappearing.