AdWords
5.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Error: We haven't detected the Google Analytics remarketing functionality on your website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to set up a remarketing list using the Google Analytics code on my site. I have been through the help and trouble shooting sections but nothing seems to help! These are the things I have checked:

• The Analytics and Adwords accounts are linked
  • I have Enable remarketing and advertising reporting features in Google Analytics
  • I have set tried both setting the list up from within Adwords, and also tried setting it up from within Analytics.

The only thing I haven't done is add the dynamic remarketing code to the Analytics code on my website, because I'm not doing dynamic retargeting just yet.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Laura

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Error: We haven't detected the Google Analytics remarketing functionality on your website

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Laura,

Good question. Can you paste a screenshot of the error? I'm curious to see how recent the error is, as sometimes Google takes a while to update.

Best,

John

Re: Error: We haven't detected the Google Analytics remarketing functionality on your website

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Have you linked the remarketing audience in GA to the AdWords account you wish to use it in?

If so, then it may be that the system is giving you a false negative... sometimes it doesn't spot the code - this is especially true (and very annoying) if you've implemented GA through Google Tag Manager, for example.

The simplest thing to do to check is to see if this audience is a) building - i.e. are people being added to it... and b) available in Adwords - check your shared library/audiences to see if it's there or not.

You'll probably find that the lists are there and the message is misleading... ;-)

-