AdWords
5.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Enable another campaign after we run out of daily budget on another campaign

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have two campaigns called e.g. "C1" and "C2" and I would like to set up the following:

Enable "C2" when I run out of daily budget on "C1"

I couldn't find any scripts and was unable to set up the automated rules to work for me :-(

Any thoughts or advice?

Many thanks,
Mick

Enable another campaign after we run out of daily budget on another campaign

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @MICHAL W

I've never attempted this and just took a look through the automated rule options, however I also can't find an option for this. 

My best advice would be to set up an automated email when the C1 budget is almost spent and to manually go in and enable C2 then. Or alternatively, under the automated pause rule, select Email Results Only if there are changes or errors. I understand this may not the best option if you have multiple accounts. 

You can set up an automated email rule by:

1. In C1, under Ad groups, click the Automate button (to the right of the red +AD GROUP button). 

2. Select "Send email when..."

2. Enter the Requirements: Cost > $C1 budget minus some padding (perhaps your daily budget so it alerts you one day before you need to activate C2).

3. Enter the Frequency: Daily at 12 am (so it checks daily) using data from same month/all time (depending on how you budget you campaigns).

4. Save! 

Hope that helps if there's no way to set it up the way you originally wanted!

Allie