AdWords
4.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Dynamic Search Ads Showing 0 Impressions (not working / broken) For Anybody Else?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Since March 9, 2016, dynamic search ads have been down.  I've called in several times to get an update but the reps I've spoken with say that it's a priority and that it'll probably be resolved soon.  March 9th, 2016 to present (April 20, 2016) is the longest downtime I've ever seen for an Adwords technical issue.

Is anybody else experiencing their dynamic search ads campaigns being down, and when will this issue really be resolved? Is there something bigger in the works like dynamic search ads going away?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author jaradcollier
April 2016

Re: Dynamic Search Ads Showing 0 Impressions (not working / broken) For Anybody Else?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Turns out there was a policy change for dynamic search ads to no longer allow alcohol, health, gambling, etc. -related content on March 11, 2016 that the Adwords policy team did a poor job with communicating. Further, the reps I spoke to mislead me to believe this was a "known technical issue" that was being actively worked on and it would take just a few more weeks. Adwords, you need to get all your reps on the same page. Your policy team also needs to do a better job at communicating changes that impact relevant parties.

View solution in original post

Re: Dynamic Search Ads Showing 0 Impressions (not working / broken) For Anybody Else?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I made the mistake of setting up a Dynamic Search Ad a few weeks ago for a Web Design Company. I did this and the ad didnt get any impressions for a while so i paused the dynamic ad. A few days later the campaigns started getting ridiculous clicks for keywords such as "Amazon Deals" and "Fast internet speed", all of which were not even close to being mentioned on the website. When I contacted Google they said it was the Dynamic Ads, even though it apparently wasn't running. I made sure to completely delete any trace of the Dynamic Search Ad and I would never recommend it.

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
There may be other issues here... For example, if the website domain ownership information is not "public", then the site/business/account will not be eligible for DSA.

Do you have any error messages in the ad content policy details column? Any error messages anywhere at all? If you can find something specific to contact support about, their responses tend to be a little better.
Tom

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply but I don't think you or Web Consultancy are understanding what I mean. I have already called Adwords three times and they CONFIRMED that it is a TECHNICAL ISSUE on THEIR end (at least that's what they're telling me each time I called in). They stated that this is happening for ALL advertisers that are running Dynamic Search Ads currently.

I'm trying to get a sense if this is TRUE or not by asking the community if their Dynamic Search Ads campaigns are currently working right now?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author jaradcollier
April 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Turns out there was a policy change for dynamic search ads to no longer allow alcohol, health, gambling, etc. -related content on March 11, 2016 that the Adwords policy team did a poor job with communicating. Further, the reps I spoke to mislead me to believe this was a "known technical issue" that was being actively worked on and it would take just a few more weeks. Adwords, you need to get all your reps on the same page. Your policy team also needs to do a better job at communicating changes that impact relevant parties.