AdWords
4.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Draft campaign in editor 11.0

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Everyone!

Can you please suggest an alternative to the Draft campaign feature that was available in older versions of Adwords editor, cannot figure out why such a handy feature was removed in the first place? Really need to find an alternative, any help on this would be highly appeciated. There was one suggestion earlier somewhere but I did not find creating a creation of 'non serving account' too intuitive, no disrespect for the answer though.

Thanks

Ajay

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Draft campaign in editor 11.0

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Just like in Editor 10.*, in Editor 11.* you can set the status of a new, unposted campaign to Draft.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for the reply, can I post the draft campaign in any of my MCC account or it has to be in the same account? The thing I am trying to do is copy a few campaigns and add it to another account.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
You cannot post draft campaigns. That's the whole point of marking them Draft - so that you don't accidentally post one while it's being worked on. Once it's done and ready to post, change its status to Enabled or Paused.

Yes, you can copy a campaign from one account and paste it into another. Some things are tied to a particular account and won't be copied over - off the top of my head, display ads, and audiences referring to user lists and custom affinities (there could be more such things that I don't recall at the moment; you'll get a warning if your campaign has any of them).

This ability to copy campaigns between accounts is independent from and unrelated two the ability to mark a campaign as Draft; I'm not sure why you are bringing them up together. You can equally easily copy/paste a regular campaign, or a draft campaign. You can set the status of the newly pasted campaign to Draft, or Enabled, or Paused.