AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Dissaproved ad fixed, after new review, still disapproved for the same reason

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mat

Perhaps you can help me as well? Google not responding currently and myself and business partner confused. Our site is www.regime.ae we are a personal training company in Dubai been running for 5yrs with google but recently refreshed the site and added some new ads but we have been suspended....and I cant for the life of me get anyone to say what's wrong googles end. I have read the policy and made changes to the weight loss page and some price promotions we were running. Your opinion is eagerly awaited. Rupert

3 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Repurt, you should make your own post with your question. What is the landing page you are using for ads? That one specifically? Lots of possibilities. But your ads were running fine and then after you updated your site stopped? Check the url you are displaying and the url path you are sending people to.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Rupert,

I have moved this conversation to it's own thread, which is always best.

As Matt has stated, there are lots of possibilities. When you made new ads, the landing page was reviewed as a fresh resource for your ads/account. Did you have the Weight Loss info on the old version of the website? That term brings a high level of attention with AdWords. 

With that said, as a peer-to-peer help community, we are not able to see or access any accounts or personal information. When a Google AdWords Account is suspended, they send a email with specifics outlined in it. From there, you have to start at the beginning and review and research what it says and attempt to work through it. Depending on how severe the issue, there may not be a way to fix it.

Please use this help file to guide you.

If you feel you have corrected all of the issues (billing, violations of policies, etc.) and would like to file an appeal, please use this interactive web form.

If we can answer any specific questions, please do let us know. 

All the Best,

James

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Rupert L

The issue here is most likely the weight loss which Google considers to be is a very sensitive issue, though I have not found any misleading claim on the page.
What was the reason for suspension mentioned in the email received from Google? (Look for this email - it is the key for understanding the issue)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Rupert,

I have dealt with dozens of these situations, with sites that sell anything to do with weight loss.

At the bottom of the home page are testimonials. These need a disclaimer. This is Google policy.

On the weight loss page, the mention of a specific amount of kilos could be triggering Google's bots. Anything that sounds remotely like telling people they can lose a certain amount of weight raises a red flag. Even though that isn't what you are saying, the bots will just see "1 kg of fat".