AdWords
2.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Difference in stats

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, i run a report for a client giving stats per week.I noticed that the figures for the same week but pulled at different times of the month give different figures, why would this be?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Difference in stats

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sarah,

This could be due to the data freshness OR some latent metrics that were not actually refreshed during that particular time, but were added later on. We also keep seeing these kind of issues especially when we send weekly stats.

You can read about data freshness here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2544985?hl=en

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Difference in stats

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Sarah S,

Cross check if you have paused any campaign/ad group/keyword and including the stats of paused ones also.

If you will access This Week data, there are chances of data discrepancy as today's data might not get updates at the instant when you are accessing the data. Hence, the stats will get changed if you check the data for same period the next day.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Difference in stats

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Weekly client reporting might be a little too "immediate" to be really accurate. Monthly reporting, 72+ hours after the end of the month may be more accurate. In addition, if you have a really good, or really bad week a client may overreact either way. Things tend to average out over time, so monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports might help clients to see the bigger picture. Smiley Happy

Tom