3.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Device Bid Adjustments - and Est First Page / Top Page / First Position bids

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hoping someone can answer the following as i cannot find any similar threads.

Which device(s) are the follwing now calculated from?

• Estimated First Page Bid
  • Estimated Top Page Bid
  • Esimated First position Bids

Prior to the device bid adjustment roll out all devices ran approx from the keywords estimated bids (above) and were roughly correct.

Post device bid adjustment roll out im noticing the estimtates are wildly out in calculation.

Does anyone know which device these calculations are based from as each device will now / should have its own seperate estimated bids?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Device Bid Adjustments - and Est First Page / Top Page / First Position bids

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @SCL,

This is what Google say on estimated bids per device:

***   Get your ads to show on the first page   ***

"First page, top of page, and first position bid estimates show the bid you likely need for your ad to reach your preferred placement in search results for the device(s) you’re targeting. For example, if you’re running a campaign that only serves on mobile devices, the first page bid estimate will reflect the bid likely required to reach the first page of search results on mobile devices."

Because there is no more communication on it, I need to assume that you are displayed cross-device averages when your campaign targets multiple devices. I base my gut feeling on the fact , that even though you can segment the keyword report by device, no segmented values will be shown in the 3 estimated bid columns.