AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Delinking Acc from MCC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would like to delink the old Adwords account from my MCC, but there is no admin user linked to the account.

When I terminate the access from MCC it asks to add at least one active user before you can unlink it.

From my MCC, I can Invite user with Standard Rights and when I change the rights to admin rights it says "You do not have permission to access this customer"

Please help me to delink the account.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Delinking Acc from MCC

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Who is the admin for that account?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi ,

How many users are currently linked to this account from which you want to unlink your MCC?

If you created this account from within the MCC and have not assigned any other user the admin access, then I think you won't be able to unlink it because there has to be at least one active user linked to that account.

Try this: Assign any other email address the access to this child account and then unlink it from your MCC. I hope it should work.

Robin

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi there,

You can not unlink any account from MCC if the other account don't have the admin access or it has been created by MCC account(ie only MCC is the admin).

• You need to grant the administrative access to that account on a new email from your MCC.
  • Then accept the invitation only via link that you will receive in the new email inbox without login in directly to adwords from that new ID.
  • Now, there are 2 admin access for the same account.
  • Get login to adwords from New email ID and terminate the MCC access.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I don't see option to invite user with admin access, and there is also no admin user shown in the account. Please have a look at the screenshot below.

I am also not able to change the access level from standard access to admin.

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below> 

Thank you.

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. This was done in order to remove a screenshot that included private information such as an email address, an account ID, or similar.

Please feel free to re-post the screenshot after having removed or entirely obscured any and all information that has the potential to put your accounts and/or your privacy at risk.