AdWords
4.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Deleting Ad Group

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All...

It appears that an ad group from a deleted campaign is still enabled and preventing me from adding those keywords to new campaigns.  Every time I try to pause or delete the group or the individual keywords, I get an error.  The ad group was affiliated with a dynamically generated headline ad that I can not get rid of either.

Any help would be appreciated!

Joe

2 Expert replyverified_user

Ad group/keyword problem

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All...

It appears that an ad group from a deleted campaign is still enabled and preventing me from adding those keywords to new campaigns.  Every time I try to pause or delete the group or the individual keywords, I get an error.  The ad group was affiliated with a dynamically generated headline ad that I can not get rid of either.

Any help would be appreciated!

Joe

< Note: Two identical threads have been combined here by a Community Manager, in order to avoid confusion and duplication of effort. It is a best practice to post a question in just one place. Thanks! >

Re: Ad group/keyword problem

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Joe,

What kind of error are you getting? When a campaign is deleted (or removed), the ad groups within the campaign stop running.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Deleting Ad Group

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Joe,

Hmmm, ad groups in removed campaigns should not be able to run...Has the ad group gotten impressions in the past week?

If the campaign is fully removed (should have a little red X next to it on your main campaigns page), you don't need to worry about removing any of the ads, keywords, etc. within it. You can just add your keywords to new, enabled (or paused) campaigns as usual.

Let me know if it's still not working or if I'm missing the mark here.
Cassie

Re: Ad group/keyword problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Joe,

Once the keywords, ad groups or campaigns are removed, they are auto disabled by Google. Still you follow the below mentioned procedure

Go to the HOME tab on your adwords account. You can see many tabs under/on the page. Check with the tabs Enabled Ad Groups, Keywords and Campaigns and Non active Ad groups, Keywords and campaigns.

If your ad group or keywords which you want to delete shows enable, then delete them.

Or if they appear under Non-active tab then remove it permanently from the tabs and then try creating new ad with keywords.

Hope you'll resolve the issue.