AdWords
2.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Delete account without entering billing info?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created an Adwords account thinking that I might be able to use the tools without starting a campaign and adding billing info. My company already does all the Adwords stuff through another account, so I do not need to complete the registration. How can I remove my account and stop receiving emails telling me that I can get promotional credit and that Lucy wants to help me? There is no unsubscribe and it is a no-reply email address.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Christoff d,

Please follow the info outlined in this help file to properly close your AdWords account.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

I have read that guide, but it has a requirement to cancel your account that you have to have billing set up. Which I do not want to do. I just want to stop receiving emails reminding me to start my account. And I do not believe that adding the email address sending me the emails to a junk list is/should be the solution.

How can there not be a way to stop the registration before completing the process?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Christoff d,

Contact AdWords support, they can help you to make your email address free at this stage.

Call at: +1-844-756-8495
9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Christoff d,

Archit has provided one way to keep your account but end the email notifications. You can also change your email notification settings with your AdWords account, which should stop all emails to you from the system.

Please review this help file for full details and easy steps to take. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Delete account without entering billing info?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @James_Clemens

Thanks for trying to help, but I am guessing that you are not familiar with the particular screen I am stuck on. When you register for Adwords you are asked for information about your business (Step 1), to create your first campaign (Step 2) and to enter your billing info (Step 3). Once you have completed that you are taken to the page with the gear icon where you can do all sorts of things such as cancel your account and edit your notification settings (I assume).

I am stuck between Step 2 and Step 3 with no gear icon anywhere in sight, since I do not have any billing information to enter. (See screenshot)

As sad as it is, it looks like the solution might be to call them.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Christoff d,

You are welcome... and I appreciate the screenshot and additional info, which shows us where you are in the process.

Since you are  in the final step of signing up, you will need to call the support number and have them assist you since they will need to access your account (and cannot access accounts). Until you cancel the account, those nag notifications will continue. Adwords will not allow an account to be fully created without billing since the system uses billing information to validate you and, of course, to pay for the actions you program. It is not typical for someone to not want to use AdWords and get to step three and then stop. One will either stop at step one or finish the signup process and pause any campaigns (and never use it) or cancel the account after setting it up... or use it to run pay per click advertising.   

Sorry for not being able to provide more help. 

All the Best,

James