2.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Delete AdWords Account

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Hi AdWords Community,

We often hear people ask, “How can I delete my AdWords Account”? Technically, you can’t delete an Adwords account once it’s created. Although, you can cancel the account so it stops running, and you can get a refund of any available balance in the account. Details of how you cancel an AdWords account are mentioned here.

But, the reason why most users want to ‘delete the account’ is because they’d like to use the same email address with a different AdWords account. To set a little context here, once you’ve associated an email address with the Adwords account, the email address can’t be removed, it can only be replaced. Meaning, you can need to add another email address on the account, to remove the access of the first one.

Here are the steps to do this:

1. Create a new email address (the one you don’t want to use)
  2. Log in to your existing AdWords account
  3. Send invitation to the new email address
  4. Login to the new email address and accept the invitation
  5. Logout of all Google properties (like Gmail, AdWords)
  6. Login to the existing AdWords account again, grant access to the newly created email address. Logout of the account.
  7. Login to AdWords now using the newly added email address and remove the access of the old account.
  8. Now your original email address is free and can be associated with any other AdWords accounts. You’ll have to follow the same process to send the invitation and once the Admin grants the access, you’ll be able to login!

One of our Top Contributors @stickleback also wrote a great article about this, if you’d like to check out a user's perspective!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Delete AdWords Account

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Re: Delete AdWords Account

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Interesting, Thank you