AdWords
2.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Default max CPC shows 0.01, doesn't make sense with my budget limit

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My daily budget is 25, but my groups are at 0.01. If it would add up somehow to 25 that would make sense, but it doesn't. it adds about to 0.30.
Please help, urgent!

Anat

1 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

The ad group has a default cpc setting, which defaults to .01 unless you change it.  It sets the max cpc for each keyword to that level when they are created.  

However, you override it any time you set the max cpc for a keyword.  And you can also change it at the ad group level.

hth

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your quick reply!

1) So I can only change it if I change my bid strategy to manual, right?

2) My AdGroup-level bid limit won't override the campaign-level limit, right? Say my campaign limit is set to 20. I have 10 AdGroups and I want to set the limit of each group to say 5, as a way to also test what works best... I'm still limited by the 20 of the campaign level right?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Anat G

Gone are the days of minimum bids of $0.01.... For every keywords there is a threshold of a minimum  ad-rank for your ad to be shown.

>>"If your ads and landing page are low quality, you may find that your actual CPC is close to your maximum CPC, even though there is low competition for the search terms that triggered your ad. And in some cases, low-quality ads may hardly show at all (even if you keep raising your bid), because those ads don't exceed our quality thresholds.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/156066?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply. That much I understand. It's the... er... prioritization of the bids limits I'm uncertain of - does the Campaign's limit trumps the AdGroup one?