AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

DELETE F****** AdWords acount/credit information

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What the [censored] is Adwords. I made 1 donation on a Youtube live stream and I was automatically signed up for AdWords. I unsubscribed because [censored] that [censored]. (That waa three days ago) However even tho i never used AdWords and have never been billed by AdWords but even so Google is holding my credit card information hostage WHICH SHOULD BE [censored] ILLEGAL. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: DELETE F****** AdWords acount/credit information

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Matt,

Please note that this is a public help community with friendly and relaxed professionals that ARE NOT Google employees, so there is no need to cuss at us. We are here to assist and donate our time to provide a high level of care to those that need it. I get that you are beyond upset at your current situation, but let's work through it calmly. 

It sounds like possibly your Google Account was hijacked or compromised in some fashion since AdWords cannot be started in the fashion you stated. There are many steps to creating an AdWords account.

Also, if you have charges from Google, this would not reflect that you have created an AdWords account as there are many charges from Google... that have nothing to do with AdWords. 

1) What is your line item description on your credit card statement? IT will be a Google email address of sorts and it will help us help you.

2) Please visit your Google Account and review for further suspicious activity. There are many areas to check but it will show you where you log in locations and lots of useful info to help you determine if others are accessing your Google Account. 

3) You should run a quality virus and anti-malware software program and verify if your computer/device is infected, which can allow your the issue you post about... and worse. 

4) Visit Google AdWords while logged in to your Google Account... and use the same password as your Google Account and see what it shows. Do you see an active AdWords account? If it opens to a welcome and let's get started type of screens... you do not have an AdWords account. If you see a dashboard with a chart of daily activity, you do have an AdWords Account in your name. Hackers will hijack an account and use AdWords for devious purposes, which is not Google's fault... yet something they will certainly want to stop, too. You can call Google AdWords if you have an AdWords Account ID. Call 1-866-246-6453 Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST).  

5) Please read this info and use it to learn more about Google and Credit Cards. 

6) Please read this info and use it to learn more about Google Chrome and autofill, which if your computer does not use proper security countermeasures could lead to a bad website you visit using to steal your personal info. 

If we can help with something further, just let us know. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I appreciate the long response. I do not appreciate that its completley unuseful. I want my credit information off. How hard is it to have an option that says delete payment methods even though I never used the service. Google has not charged me for Adwords and it shows I have a $0.00 balance due and so thats not the issue. The issue is that i no longer have the control to decide what happens with my credit information. If I want to delete ot for Amazon its about two clicks the same with most companies except for google. I will try calling customer service or I will have to call and just cancel my card entirely.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Matt,

I have provided the info you need, so you feel it is of no use to you. This is a help community for Google AdWords... not Google. I am not an employee and no one can access personal accounts and flip switches at someone's request. 

Best Wishes,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see it was pointless coming here, thank you for wasting my time.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Matt M,

People who intend to sign up for AdWords have trouble occasionally, you were not automatically signed up, I promise you that.  Your payments made on a livestream via YouTube were potentially placed with a previously or newly set up Google Payment profile.

Try visiting here and logging in with the same ID you used for your livestream donation:  https://payments.google.com - this should help sort you out.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’