3.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Customer but Not allowed to Speak with Manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have been a Google Adwords customer for more than 10 years and have spent a few hundred thousand dollars on Google advertising.

My recent experience with Google is so disappointing that I am compelled to pen this here.

I sought help changing my bid strategy to improve my ad position and was ill-advised by the Google staff. The result of her advise:
1) my ads are shown at a lower position, opposite of what I wanted.
2) my cost per click went up.
3) my ads received less clicks.

We had a number of conversations but nothing was resolved. When I decided to revert the changes, my ad campaign still did not revert back to what it was after days.

The Google staff did not listen and kept repeating her phone script (that she understands...)

I asked to speak with a manager and was told that I cannot do so.

It is clear here that Google does not care about loyal customers. I suppose since Google operates a monopoly, she can afford to do so. However, such behaviour is to put it mildly, unprofessional and unappreciative.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Customer but Not allowed to Speak with Manager

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Hong G,

Really sorry to hear of this latest experience with AdWords Support. 

You can use the history tab and revert the changes and get things mostly back to where they were or you can pause campaigns and recreate fresh ones with your way of thinking. Either way is not ideal, this I know... but I cannot course correct where you are now.

I do encourage you to use this AdWords compliant/feedback form and send your experience directly to the Google AdWords management team, not support that you were dealing with. Fill it as complete as possible and as many times as needed to cover all of the products and areas you wish to.

With that said, please know that not all support members are created equal. If you use a different method and a completely different time to interact, you will get a different person. What I mean is that when you call at 9:00 am, you get team A. When you use chat at 6:00 pm, you get team B. When you open AdWords and click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner, you will see the phone number and the word Help. Help is where you get other methods to interact with support.

I will add that Google does care very much and appreciates you use of their products of the years. I do hope your journey becomes great again very soon.

All the Best,

Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile