AdWords
4.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Credit card address change/additions no longer work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When adding or editing a credit card for billing to AdWords, if you choose the "Add a new address" option in the address section, the only thing that comes up is the County and the Zip code.  You cannot enter in the required street address.

This appears on all browsers on a Mac, Chrome/Firefox/IE on Windows, and the iPhone app.

So if the card holder has moved, it appears that you are out of luck once the credit card company gets the address change.

I brought this to the attention of tech support a couple nights ago and was told it is an internal technical issue (no kidding), but have not heard from anyone since.

Money is being lost due to this problem.  If you are reading this, tech support, please fix this ASAP.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Matt,

Thanks for posting to the Community. Have you still been unable to update your address since posting this?

Cassie

Re: Credit card address change/additions no longer work

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The issue has not been fixed. The problem appears to be that the "legalAddressForm" div on the site has an attribute "data-min-address-countries" containing six countries, all of which fail to provide the street/city address fields when selected. The "US" is on that list. I've advised google AdWords support on this and I feel my info was not take seriously.

However, the support guy did come up with a temporary (albeit insecure and irritating) workaround: change your business address in billing profile to the credit card address you desire. That address should then appear on the credit card pull down. Update date the address in the credit card, save, and (assuming you were able to successfully charge the card) then revert your business address in billing profile to the original address.

-Matt

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your patience. I've confirmed that this is a known technical issue. In addition to the workaround you mention above, the other official workaround is to remove and then re-add your credit card.

I apologize for the inconvenience, as I know these additional steps aren't ideal. I've shared your feedback and this example with the Product team so that they can refer to it while working on a solution.

Cassie