AdWords
4.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Creating adwords accound

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having trouble creating an adwords account with my company email. Google says I'm under-age. what to do?

I am the owner of the email, and the url adress.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Creating adwords accound

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Kjetil H,

Some Google products have specific age requirements. Here are a few examples:

• YouTube: When a YouTube video has been age-restricted, a warning screen is displayed and only users who are 18 or older can watch it. Learn more about age-restricted videos.
  • Google Wallet: 18+
  • AdSense: 18+
  • AdWords: 18+

If you meet the age requirement for AdWords, please use this info to validate your Google Account, which will allow you to then proceed to setting up an AdWords account. 

Kind Regards,

James

Creating adwords accound

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank's for the reply. But I'm aware of that. Reason for asking is that I'm currently 34 years old, and growing...

Creating adwords accound

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you meet the age requirement for AdWords, please use this info to validate your Google Account, which will allow you to then proceed to setting up an AdWords account. 

Kind Regards,

James

Creating adwords accound

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have no trouble using my personal google account, it's when I try to use my personal company email that I'm presented with the under-age problem

Creating adwords accound

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Kjetil H,

I understand. For whatever reasons, that email is listed with Google as being underage... hence the issue and the link provided to resolve it. If you do not validate it, it won't be able to be used.

To use AdWords, the email will become a Google account (whether that is personal or business... or using a gmail, domain email, etc.). 

All the Best, 

James

Creating adwords accound

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks! I'll give a try

Creating adwords accound

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

will you please guide me to where I can find the correct button to confirm my age?

Creating adwords accound

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Kjetil H,

It's not a button to push but a step-by-step procedure to follow. Please use this info to validate your Google Account, which will show you what is required. 

You can re-enable your account by following our instructions to confirm that you are old enough to have a Google Account. You will see these instructions when you attempt to sign back in to your account through any Google sign-in page. If you are a Google Apps user, you should go to myaccount.google.com in order to re-enable your account. We currently offer two ways to confirm your age:

1. Uploading an electronic copy of your current, government-issued ID showing your date of birth, or
  2. Performing a small transaction ($0.30 USD) on a valid credit card.

Note: You may be charged an additional $1.00 USD for your transaction of $0.30 USD. This is simply a pre-authorization charge that will be erased from your account in a few days. If your transaction does not go through, check to see if you are using an invalid card or have provided incorrect information. Your transaction of $0.30 USD will be donated to a child protection organization.

Have you, by chance, visited your Google My Account info and seeing if you have your date of birth entered? You would want to do this with the email account you are wanting to set AdWords up with. 

Kind Regards,

James

Creating adwords accound

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello again J Clemens. And thank you so much for helping me out on this!

I have tried, it feels like every trick in the book, but it seems that I can't create a google with my company account.

Is that because google only allows @gmail.com accounts? My company domain is holand.as, and I cant create an account with that domain, now matter how many times I try.

I thought google accepted different domains than gmail.com. am I wrong?