AdWords
2.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Copying AdWords campaign from one account and paste it into another?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, everyone!

I want to copy a specific campaign from one of my AdWords accounts and paste it into another of my AdWords accounts. I tried with AdWords Editor, but I can only open my first account and I can't find a way to open any of my other accounts. How can I do this using AdWords Editor, or something else? I searched a lot about my issue, but the problem is that when I open the Editor -> Account Manager -> Add -> I sign in and then only the first of my 3 AdWords accounts connected to my email adds and I can't see and add any of my other 2 accounts.

Hopefully you got what I am writing about. I do apologize if the question is stupid, I am new to AdWords.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Goto "All Campaigns" in the upper left, then click on the "Campaigns" tab.  Select the check box by the campaign you want to copy, then Edit>Copy (or Ctrl-C).  Goto the same page in the account you want to copy it to, and Edit>Paste or Ctrl-V.  It may take a while to copy everything over. 

hth!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, Steve, but it didn't work. I copied it (I get the message box "1 campaign copied. Paste using the Edit menu when you are ready") then I went to my other account -> campaigns -> Edit -> Paste and there comes another message "Please copy an add, ad group, campaign or criterion first" - like I don't have anything copied. When I try to copy a campaign and paste it into the same account there is no problem. That's why I think you are able to copy/paste campaigns only with the Editor, or at least it doesn't work with me. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

My mistake!  That only works within an account.  

However (I double checked the documentation below) you can do it within Google AdWords Editor; I did this back a few months ago:

Copy and paste campaigns between accounts

1. In the account tree, select one or more campaigns.
  2. Choose one of these options:
    • To copy the entire campaign and its contents, select Edit > Copy.
    • To copy only the campaign settings, select Edit > Copy shell.
    • To remove the campaign from the current account and add it to a different account, select Edit > Cut.
  3. Select Account > Open.
  4. Select the account where you want to paste the campaigns.
  5. Click Open.
  6. Select Edit > Paste.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks again, Steve that you're trying to help me. As I have written in my initial post:

"the problem is that when I open the Editor -> Account Manager -> Add -> I sign in and then only the first of my 3 AdWords accounts connected to my email adds and I can't see or add any of my other 2 accounts." 

Lets say I have 3 accounts named x,y and z. When I click add only my "x" account imports into the Editor. I try to add another account and then it happens the same, only "x" re-imports. Like there are no other accounts. 

Do you have any idea am I doing something wrong, or there is some problem with my accounts? They are all connected to my email and when I'm in AdWords I can see all 3 of them  

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Are you using an MCC account to aggregate your Adwords account in Google AdWords Editor?

When you are in Google AdWords Editor, have you tried closing all the open accounts so you are backed all the way out to the "Sign in to your AdWords Account" dialog box?  This forces GAE to reload all the AdWords accounts you have access to. You should have to login again, either using "Open browser to sign in" or "Use in-ap browser to sign in". 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't use a MCC account. I signed off and after that closed all open accounts. Then I did the "Sign in to your AdWords Account" and again it automatically the GAE reloads only my first account. While it is reloading all the information, campaigns, ad groups etc. there is a dialog box with a button below "Open a different account..." but when I press it nothing happens. Maybe at the end I will have to just manually rewrite the whole campaign, but it will cost me a long time. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

My recommendation is you call Google support, they should likely be able to help you resolve this GAE account access issue (have you upgraded to the latest version of GAE?).  

Here is info on how to reach them:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6273970

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Steve. I downloaded the GAE a day ago, so it should be the latest version. I sent Google support an email.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Were you able to resolve this problem, Yuliyan?