AdWords
4.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tag Inactive Confusion

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I came across this interesting scenario in one of my accounts today. Something i don't believe I have ever come across before. We have had an issue with the conversion script breaking on this website, or atleast we thought according to it going inactive in Adwords and saying it has not been seen in "x (large number) of days."

However, today i noticed that it somehow says the script has not been seen in 16 days, but yet the same script recorded a conversion 7 days ago? How is this possible?

Conversion Tag Issue.png

Any help would be appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Just doing a little more brainstorming, does this have to do with my 30 day conversion window?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Robby,

That is mysterious. Even with the 30 day window, you'd expect the conversion would require the script to be on the page.

Perhaps Google looks for the full code, and on your page was only some of the code but enough to trigger a conversion? Just a wild guess.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Pretty strange. I actually just came across the same scenario in another one of my accounts. So that makes 2 that i'm aware of now. Days since tag last seen was greater than time since last conversion. I wonder if this is more common than I thought, but just never realized it before. Would still like to hear an official explanation of how though!