AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Competitor bidding on keywords using duplicate sites for the same business.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

We have an issue with a competitor who has copied our brand and is using the new site create to advertise on adwords alongside there existing site. This competitor are mass spammers and have now gone to a new low in creating a site in order to pass themselves off as ourselves. The main website of the competitor is https://www.iphonerepairleeds.com which triggers on adwords for many keywords but for this example I will use the keyword "iphone repair leeds". The website that they have created to pass themselves off as ourselves is: www.the-repair-lab.co.uk which also triggers for the keyword "iphone repair leeds".

Our website is http://www.repair-lab.co.uk and we also advertise on adwords.

As you can see the site created by our competitor is a complete rip off of our site, including even ripping off our logo. The address listed on the competitor site is a complete false address which indecently is just across the road from the real store. The ad is misleading in that it confuses customers into thinking they are using our service and offers a more quality for users.  

It is easy to verify that the website (www.the-repair-lab.co.uk) is the same business as iphonerepairleeds.com as the telephone number listed on adwords is the same as others on sites created for the business. The telephone number listed on adwords is:

This can also be found on the following websites which are owned by the same company and effectively verify that this business is in fact the same spamming company:

irectify.co.uk - 0113 887 5009

iPhone-repair-bradford.co.uk - 0113 887 5009

the-repair-lab.co.uk - 01132 887 5009

You can clearly see from pictures on the two top websites that this is the same shop as iphonerepairleeds.com and this can also be verified by calling the numbers listed the same person answers all numbers. Here is a list of the spammy websites created to date:

iphonerepairleeds.com - 0113 259 1500
ipadservice.co.uk - 0113 259 1700

aaiphones.co.uk - 0113 887 5009

irectify.co.uk - 0113 887 5009

iPhone-repair-bradford.co.uk - 0113 887 5009

the-repair-lab.co.uk - 01132 887 5009

consolerepairleeds.co.uk - 0113 259 1082

laptopserviceleeds.co.uk - 0113 258 5636

Recently the have been attacking our business and has created the website (the-repair-lab.co.uk) to deceive customers and also take advantage of the fact the are now duplicate adverting on keywords. 

Please advise on how I can get help on this and prevent this competitor from abusing adwords any further.

I look forward to a reply.

Thanks

Alex.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No, @Alex E, I don't think so. However, if you don't see any results in a few weeks (sadly measures cannot be taken overnight as an employee needs to review it manually and there's always a rather substantial queue), you may submit that form again.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, Alex.

Use this form https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507 to report it. It violates the Unfair Advantage policy described here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

"Using the Google Network to gain an unfair traffic advantage over other participants in the auction"

"Examples: Affiliates that advertise on AdWords against the applicable affiliate program rules, promoting the same or similar content from multiple accounts on the same or similar queries, trying to show more than one ad at a time for your business, app, or site"

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for you response @AdWiser

I will go ahead and fill out the form, is it not possible for anyone to escalate it to google through here?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No, @Alex E, I don't think so. However, if you don't see any results in a few weeks (sadly measures cannot be taken overnight as an employee needs to review it manually and there's always a rather substantial queue), you may submit that form again.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have raised this several times and yet the ads are still showing, any other advice you can give in order to stop this blatant abuse of the Google platform? 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Nothing apart from what I've already​ told​ you. Hang in there and be (even more) patient​, as it takes time.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Still no progress with this, it is inconceivable this Google can allow this to continue. 

It is blatant abuse of Adwords not to mention abuse of our brand and yet Google continue to profit of this even though it was been reported countless times.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

It took me about three months (more, actually) and about 10 e-mails a few years ago to get a sneaky and rather smart advertiser suspended. And I was told twice that the website was ok and in fact they were not violating any policy. A few weeks after I asked if I can copy the model and be sure that it is compliant it finally got suspended.