AdWords
3.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Close variations consistency

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

my question is in bold, everything else is pure nonsense

in Keyword Planner. atty search = attorney search. It has been grouped. 

>>>>by the above logic, shouldn't atty directory = attorney directory? It's not. can this be fixed/ very moody algo, but one we love like a rich uncle

Can this be fixed or should i stop dreaming?

oy yeah and one more tiny thing i'd like to have maybe a google person help me with, so if you aren't one of them you can stop reading now..thank you. Now, before the grouping, let us say prior to october 2016, search volume for atty search was displayed to be 8100. I remember because this search volume, was the basis for my sales pitch to sell attysearch.com. However, it is striking to see that the volume for attorney search, which contains the search volume for atty search, is at 8100. I also know that exact match actually meant exact match back then. also "exact-match types"....smh....why is it called exact if its not exact? Because google kicks [censored] in 6 dimensions...that's why. how do i get on the other side of that foot that's kicking [censored]? Or at least tell me that it's nothing personal...cause i am sensitive to all the long terms imperatives of your organization with respect to Information Architecture, but kindly note me as one of the people those changes are affecting, and aim to reconcile. thank you, uncle google.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Close variations consistency

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It surprises me that the planner isn't doing that for atty directory, because when I do a search for it, the results are full of attorney directories.

Regardless, it is what it is, and humans don't intervene in such things - it is up to the machines.