AdWords
2.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Client Hijacked an Agency Account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As an agency, we have all our clients under a master account. One of our clients hijacked his AdWords account from our master account to him without our knowledge or permission. It had a significant amount of intellectual property in it, as well as our with our CEOs credit card number. How do we get it back, and more importantly, what measures do we need to take to prevent it from reoccurring?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Client Hijacked an Agency Account

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
If the person won't cooperate with you, you need to call 1-866-2-GOOGLE. You'll need the client number.

As far as preventing it, don't share passwords, and only grant administrative access to email addresses on mail servers which you administrate.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No clients have admin access, which is why I'm confused on how this happened, so thank you for the suggestion, but it doesn't help answer my concern.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Raleigh,

You're really showing your hand here. I have a lot of issues with what I'm able to extract from your short message, but I'll skip my rant for now.

No one can help you but Google with this - contact them ASAP.

Good Luck!

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’