AdWords
2.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Claiming ownership of campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Googlers,

i wonder if i can get help from adwords team. my company website campaign is being run by a third party marketing company. Due to No transparency and No control on spending we want to get campaign back in our control. How can i do that without loosing my running campaigns. just to mention money is being paid to google through my bank account. what other proof i need to have before contacting google. any help ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well... This depends how you structured the contract with the 3rd party. If this is YOUR account (either by accepting the Terms of Service, or by opening the account under your email)  you can ask to transfer the account back to you. (If YOUR email was used the create the account, you are shown on the account as  the owner).

If this is not the case, then it's up to the third party, unless there is a contract. A reputable / respected agency will adhere to the Googe Policy for 3rd parties. If this is a Google Partner agency, you can file a ompalint with Google. Also note: paying the bill is only one signal of account ownership, but not the only one. 

Here is Google's policy for a 3rd party;

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6086450?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Again,

The contract finished few months ago and at the minute there is no live contract. What other information is required by google to take the ownership of account without loosing any campaign data. please help. thanks