3.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Changing country in business information

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd been told that in order to change my billing account information to a different country I should cancel my adwords account and open a new account right after. Even though I moved within the EU.

The problem is that I can´t open a new account using my email address, because my previous account it is not really cancelled, but somehow "paused"... so its still using my email address... therefore I can't open a new account as suggested...

Any ideas anyone?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Changing country in business information

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Cecilia A,

Just want to update information to you

If you want to create a new adwords account , kindly make sure The email address must not already be used to sign in to other AdWords accounts. ( this mean , you have to use the new email address)

If you want to cancel old adwords account , follow the steps:

Link :

1 / How to cancel your account

- Sign in to your AdWords account.
-Click the gear icon and choose Account settings.
-In the "Account cancellation" section at the bottom of the page, click Cancel this account. This option won't appear if your AdWords account is already canceled or if your user account doesn't have administrative access.
-In the pop-up box that appears, you can follow links to troubleshoot common issues, leave us feedback about why you're canceling your account, and confirm that you want to cancel your account by clicking Cancel my account at the bottom

2/ How you'll get your refund

-Bank Transfer Refund Request Form :

Marked as Best Answer.
Accepted by topic author Cecilia A
July 2016

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Cecilia,

If you want to use the same email ID for the new adwords account then first you have to make free your current email ID from the already linked adwords account.

There are few steps which you can follow:

• Either you can create a new gmail account or it can also be done if you already have any, but not linked to any adwords account.
  • Grant admin access to the new gmail ID(not linked with any adwords account) from adwords account.
  • Accept the invitation only by accessing the link from the mail box(no direct login to adwords).
  • Login the adwords with the new email ID(new admin of adwords account).
  • Terminate the access of old email ID.
  • Now, your email ID is free which you can use to signup a fresh adwords account.

Please make sure that you opt currency, time zone as per your need as currency can't be changed and time zone can only be changed once.

Also, don't forget to request for refund if you have any balance remaining in your adwords account.

Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks! That worked perfectly!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

dear sir,map maker h ya nahi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I didn't change my country. Unless I did it by lowering the budget. It is a local business Not a world renowned business  I do have to get some links to help cover cost