AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Change billing method

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to change manual to automatic

1 Expert replyverified_user

Change billing method

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ramkumar B,

Payment options (and minimum payment amounts) vary according to the currency you use, the location of your billing address, and the payment option you select. You may use the interactive form here to display the information relevant to you.  

Kind Regards,

James

Change billing method

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hello @Ramkumar B,

If both payment settings are available to new accounts in your country, you can change your AdWords account's payment setting (manual or automatic) at any time. Your account's currency can't be changed, though -- like the North Star, it's fixed.

You might want to switch payment settings if your current one isn't working out so well for you. Say you're on manual payments, but notice that your ads occasionally stop running because you keep forgetting to make payments -- you may want to switch to automatic payments instead.

Or if you're on automatic payments, and keep adjusting your campaign daily budgets because the amount you're comfortable spending fluctuates -- you may want to switch to manual payments.

Click the links below to see step-by-step directions for how to switch from manual payments (pay before your ads run) to automatic payments (pay after your ads run) and vice versa.

To switch from manual to automatic

1. Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
  2. Click the gear icon and choose Billing, then click the Billing settings link on the side of the page.
  3. In the Your selections section, click Edit.
  4. Under How you pay, select automatic as your new payment method.

To switch from manual to automatic payments, you'll need to have a primary payment method assigned. If you have more than one payment method on file when you switch to automatic payments, we'll automatically pick a primary for you. But you can change this at any time.

Before you can make the switch, you'll need to pay your account balance and an additional amount covering your last seven days of costs. This ensures that your ads keep running once you're on manual payments.

For example, if your current balance is $20 and your last seven days of costs total $50, you'll need to make a payment of $70 in order to switch to manual payments.

After you've paid your current balance and the additional amount covering your last seven days of costs, contact AdWords support to complete the switching process.

Regards,

Syed Sayem Mustafa