AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Change Currency in AdWords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey guys,
We have a very old account that we build a LARGE campaign on that took us a month to do.

The currency is in ILS from 4 years ago and we want to change it to USD as most of our clients are in US.

I know that back in 2014 you could still do that with calling Adwords support but now it seems like that option is off the table.

Anyone have any insights on that matter and please dont say open a new account Smiley Happy

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Change Currency in AdWords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
To be absolutely sure, you are best to ask Google directly. No opinions here will change Google's response when you ask.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Guy Sheetrit,

To expand on Rob's correct answer, AdWords allows just one currency over the life of the account. That's it. 

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Ok, but by deleting my current Adwords account and making a new one, everything I have gained so far in terms of experiance and spend and all that will be GONE ?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Guy,

It is not difficult, using AdWords Editor, to shift your campaigns to a brand new account. You are correct in saying all of your account history will be gone.

On the negative side, this means your clicks could potentially cost more initially, although before long you would expect everything to end up as it was in the old account.

On the plus side, for your initial "null" quality score, Google does look at the system-wide history of keywords. If yours aren't common, your old account could have a positive effect on your new account. I admit this is a bit of a stretch...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

Though the solution has already been provided by the experts but I would like to add a note here.

I recommend you to create separate AdWords accounts for individual clients and opt currency accordingly for every AdWords account. Link all the clients accounts to an Adwords Manager account.

Using AdWords manager account, you can manage all the clients accounts from single login details.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6139186?hl=en

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’