AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Change 'Account type' setting

K F
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
K F
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My account type is set as 'Business'. I am an individual. I realise that I have to delete the account and start again because I can't change it - however I've tried that once already, selected 'Individual' in my account settings and it still displays as 'Business' and asks for my tax status and other information that isn't relevant.

I am a student wanting to advertise for research participants. How can I set up an Adwords account that reflects this properly, instead of asking for Business-related tax /VAT details that aren't relevant?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Contact AdWords support team, they will help you out to switch the account type.

Call at: +1-866-246-6453
9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

K F
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
K F
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there. Sorry I'm based in the UK so making an international call to the US is going to be very expensive. Is there a UK-based helpline or another way of contacting them? Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Access Help using the settings cog of the AdWords UI.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’