AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Change Account Manager and billing info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently started in this company and I have been given the system manager rights to our Google account in my company. I was trying to change the billing information in our business AdWords account. I must have done something wrong since Adwords prompted me to start a new campaign. Now I'm stuck in the campaign setup page and can't do what I wanted to do: change our billing info. How do I proceed?

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Minna,  I would close out the browser window, and log back in at Google.com/Adwords.  Go directly to the Gear icon in the upper right, and select "Billing".  

If you have issues after that, it's possible you may have to clear the cache in your browser before logging back into AdWords.  For your browser type (e.g. Firefox, Safari, etc), Google "clear cache browsertype" for step-by-step instructions. 

hth!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried with another browser, but once I log in, it lands in the middle of the campaign set up. On the top right hand corner it shows my customer ID number and the email address (my company address) with which I'm logged in. There 's no Gear icon.

Thanks for the help!

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hmm... it sounds like the account may have been setup for "AdWords Express".  Are there "three dots" in the upper right area? If so click on them and select "View in AdWords".  

If that doesn't work, since you have the Google CID (Customer ID#) in order to save time, if you are in the continental US just call Google AdWords support at (866) 246-6453; they opened 10 minutes ago.  That would likely be the fastest way to resolve it.  

It's also possible i'm missing something, and one of the other wizards on here will weigh in with a solutionSmiley Happy

hth

Re: Change Account Manager and billing info

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Minna F,

here you can find

setting cog_censored.jpg

If you are unable to access this cog(shown in picture), you need to complete the campaign setup process. Even you can create a dummy campaign so that you can access the billing tab.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’