2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Change Account Management

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have multiple Google account, I have a personal account, a work account, and my small business account.

I recently registered my small business for Google AdWords and did not realize that my work account automatically logged in. So now my small business is registered under my work google account.

How can I transfer ownership? I cannot find an intuitive way to do this, if someone could please point me to a FAQ page with instructions it woudl be very helpful.

Thank you in advance,

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Accepted by topic author HydrotexLubrication
July 2016

Re: Change Account Management

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good afternoon.

I assume that what you're saying is that you've set up a Google AdWords account where the main/administrative login is your business email address and you want to change that to your personal email address?

You do have to jump through a few hoops to prove that you know what you're doing and that the access is correctly being changed.

Log in to AdWords using your business email address. Use the little gear icon (upper right-hand corner of the screen) to go to the Account Settings screen. Choose Account Access from the left-hand menu bar.

Click the red +Users button and send an invitation to your personal email address to access the account. (Make certain you select "admin" as the access type.)

Log out of your business email address on Google. Go to your email, follow the link to create your access. (Select that you do not currently have a Google/AdWords account from the options you'll see.) This will confirm you received the invitation and want to accept it.

Log out of your personal email address on Google and log into the AdWords account with your business address. Go back to the Account Access screen and confirm the invitation acceptance.

Log out of your business email address on Google and log into the AdWords account with your personal address. Now that it has access to the account and is confirmed as an administrator, you can select your business email address and terminate that access to the account.

Hope that helps!

Google AdWords Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That is a few hoops, but it sounds all strait forward, thank you so much. I will be following those steps here when I can.

# 4

I want change who is in charge of "google my business" website, how do I do that?