AdWords
5.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Celebrating My Account's 1st birthday with two new features

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Hello everyone. Hope all is well and may your revenue well never run dry.

Last year, I kicked off my inaugural post in this community talking about My Account, a one-stop-shop hub for managing your Google Account settings. It’s great to report that in the past year, over one billion people have used this feature. Given that My Account is now one year old, I’m pleased to share some new features that will help you easily access your Google accounts.

‘Find your phone’

In the US alone, millions of phones are stolen every year, with more lost in taxis, coffee shops and football stadiums. Given how much information is kept on your phone, not to mention access to your accounts, it is a huge inconvenience when your phone goes missing. Find your phone is a new feature that will enable you to locate your phone, call or lock it, secure your Google accounts and even leave a callback number on the screen! You can now say goodbye to the days where is a misplaced phone is a forever lost phone. This feature is  available on Android iOS devices.

Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 9.48.57 AM.png

‘OK Google, show me My Account’

We are increasingly using our voice to navigate apps and services on our mobile devices. For example, mobile voice searches on Google have tripled in the past two years. So it makes sense to make it easier to access My Account by using just your voice. In the latest Google app you can simply say, “Ok Google, show me my Google account,” and we’ll take you right there. This is available today in English, with other languages coming soon.

Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 9.49.06 AM.png

Access to your privacy and security controls is paramount to ensuring the safety of your Google accounts. These features are just the latest in our ongoing efforts to give you the best and quickest access to these accounts. We’ll continue to innovate in this space; for instance soon you’ll also be able to access ‘find my phone’ by searching Google for “I lost my phone”, and coming soon, you’ll be able to simply search for your own name, and if you’re signed in, you’ll see a shortcut to My Account. Stay tuned for these updates.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Celebrating My Account's 1st birthday with two new features

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Excellent - Thanks @Elijah L

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
This feature has really improved...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
My pleasure. Thanks for reading :-)

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee
I'm glad you think so. I'll update when the updates I mentioned in the last paragraph go live.