AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Caught in a Catch-22 to create MCC and add acccounts

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I followed the instructions to create a new Adwords MCC account in order to manage other Adwords existing and prospective accounts. But the Add Accounts button does not exist, and no way to add new or existing Adwords accounts. I ensured that this email address was removed from accessing any existing Adwords accounts. This new MCC account is completely blank -- no campaigns, no, nothing, but there is no way to add an AW account or create a new one. What to do?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Caught in a Catch-22 to create MCC and add acccounts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @David P,

When you open your AdWords Manager Account (old name: MCC/My Client Center), what do you see?

Do you see a screen like this?

mcc add account.png

If you do not see a screen like this, you might want to log out and clear your browser cache and then log back in. If you still do not see a screen like this, you might want to create a new email address and add it as a user and then clear browser cache again and log in only with that new email and see what happens. If you can then see this dashboard with the large red +Account button... the issue was with your email originally used. 

Please let us know what happens. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nope, my screen has no such red button, that's the whole problem (and what ALL the instructions refer to). 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @David P,

I understand. Please follow the rest of the instructions I provided and let us know what happens. Or you can wait till Monday morning and call AdWords Support and let them sort it out. You can reach them 9:00 am to 8:00 pm, Monday through Friday at 1-866-246-6453.

All the Best,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've done all these steps multiple times before making this post. This email account is the brand new account (that is completely empty) that I am trying to add the existing AW account to. I already emailed and posted a chat request to Google; no luck. Thanks anyway.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @David P,

Thanks for the additional info. 

Calling support connects you to different people from emailing or chat.

If you have done all of the steps and nothing has changed, perhaps your browser is causing a conflict? I would suggest using the latest edition of Google Chrome and disabling all extensions (or using a Incognito window) and only logging into the new email address that is controlling your AdWords Manager Account to see what happens. Also, try another web browser. 

Can you tell me if you are seeing a dashboard in your AdWords Manager Account? Is everything there (like my screenshot) expect the red + Account button?

Since it is a technical issue of some sorts with your account, please understand the process to help is not cut & dry and my help is based on your replies and the steps you have or have not tried. We have to eliminate things to deduct to where the issue is.

I am happy to attempt to solve your issue if you would like try what I have suggested and reply back.  

Kind Regards,

James

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

Hmmm... You are in the "accounts" level view, not the campaigns, or reports view, correct? (See right in the top bar of James' screenshot.)

Tom