AdWords
2.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot post a campaign because of removed entities

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I made multiple changes in a campaign the other day, adding a number of ad groups along with corresponding keywords. 

I found that two of the ad groups within this campaign were very similar so tried to delete one of these, however now when I try to post this campaign I get a fatal error reading '[OperationAccessDenied.OPERATION_NOT_PERMITTED_FOR_REMOVED_ENTITY @ operation[0]]'.

I understand that this means that I am trying to delete an already deleted ad group, but why does this one ad group show up as removed rather than deleted.. it is stopping me from posting changes in the whole campaign. I have tried to revert with no luck.. why wont the ad group actually disappear rather than hanging around as removed?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author James C
September 2015

Re: Cannot post a campaign because of removed entities

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

[FINALLY AN EASY 3-STEP SOLUTION THAT ACTUALLY WORKS]

After getting this fatal error I turned to Google to find a solution (obviously)  and like most of you are also finding out, the forums showed either: 1) ranting with no answers or 2) An advanced explanation with technical jargon on why the error occurs that I don't care to understand because I just want to make changes to my adwords account and move on thank you! Then I called in to Google Adwords and to no surprise (as one of the previous solution seekers mentioned) they didn't know how to solve it either (but were very kind in their attempt to help). And lastly, I read about a solution that required you to make a duplicate of the campaign in which you made changes to and then delete the original one. But if you're like me, I don't want to delete the original campaign because of all the built up quality scores and statistics I've accumulated. So at last, I've figured out a solution that will help the next person avoid the time and disappointing results while searching for a solution. (that I unfortunately went through).

So for all you in same boat that don't care about technical jargon or some advanced theory on why this problem occurs, here is the short, simple, plain english version of the problem: The fatal error you're seeing is being caused by Adwords Editor trying to post changes that don't actually exist. So when Editor trys to look for these "non-existent" changes, it fails and as a result the error shows up. (I don't even know that's 100% correct - and I don't really care - but as a result of my solution working it seems to only make sense)

SOLUTION:
1) Export the campaign(s) in which you made changes
2) Now remove your account from AdWords editor
- when you do so it will prompt you that you're going to lose all changes - which is ok since you've exported (backed up) the changes you made/want to keep. So in reality the only thing being removed is the "non-existent" changes that are causing the error Smiley Happy
3) Once thats done, simply re-add the account and import the file you exported that includes all the changes you made. Voila, you can now post the changes and be on your way!

Enjoy,
Ramsey (your friendly digital marketer)

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Try to get recent changes from server befor sending.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've done this multiple times but has made no difference, thanks for the suggestion though!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi there;
You cannot have the same name as the deleted one. Change the name.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi, I've also changed the name too and that hasn't had any effect! Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This worked for me. Thanks!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author James C
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

[FINALLY AN EASY 3-STEP SOLUTION THAT ACTUALLY WORKS]

After getting this fatal error I turned to Google to find a solution (obviously)  and like most of you are also finding out, the forums showed either: 1) ranting with no answers or 2) An advanced explanation with technical jargon on why the error occurs that I don't care to understand because I just want to make changes to my adwords account and move on thank you! Then I called in to Google Adwords and to no surprise (as one of the previous solution seekers mentioned) they didn't know how to solve it either (but were very kind in their attempt to help). And lastly, I read about a solution that required you to make a duplicate of the campaign in which you made changes to and then delete the original one. But if you're like me, I don't want to delete the original campaign because of all the built up quality scores and statistics I've accumulated. So at last, I've figured out a solution that will help the next person avoid the time and disappointing results while searching for a solution. (that I unfortunately went through).

So for all you in same boat that don't care about technical jargon or some advanced theory on why this problem occurs, here is the short, simple, plain english version of the problem: The fatal error you're seeing is being caused by Adwords Editor trying to post changes that don't actually exist. So when Editor trys to look for these "non-existent" changes, it fails and as a result the error shows up. (I don't even know that's 100% correct - and I don't really care - but as a result of my solution working it seems to only make sense)

SOLUTION:
1) Export the campaign(s) in which you made changes
2) Now remove your account from AdWords editor
- when you do so it will prompt you that you're going to lose all changes - which is ok since you've exported (backed up) the changes you made/want to keep. So in reality the only thing being removed is the "non-existent" changes that are causing the error Smiley Happy
3) Once thats done, simply re-add the account and import the file you exported that includes all the changes you made. Voila, you can now post the changes and be on your way!

Enjoy,
Ramsey (your friendly digital marketer)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ramsey you are my hero. Thank you for your solution!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Excellent Solution!! Thanks very much!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi

it does not work for me:

http://screencast.com/t/DjoxZitqXg

any idea, what i could try? don't want to loos my work and google support just recommended to reinstall editor....

txs, paul