AdWords
4.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot log into Adwords due to setup

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to log into AdWords as I am going to start working on SEO for the company I work at. I am unable to get into adwords and access the company account as AdWords is forcing me to create an Ad and Insert a Credit Card. How can I skip this step and go right to Adwords? The Admin has already given me access, I just cannot get to that dashboard of AdWords.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adam S
January 2016

Re: Cannot log into Adwords due to setup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a bunch. That did not work, but it gave me an another idea and it worked. Changing the URL can get me to the first step with the skip link.

Typing #AB at the end, instead of #bl or #cp, took me to the first tab with the link to skip. Skipping then worked fine.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
This was recently discussed in another thread, and it caused me to test the sign up process for a new user. On step one you should see a link stating something to the effect of click here if you're an experienced Adwords user. This took me to the dashboard without entering a credit card.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you David. I am aware of this and have instructed my other coworkers to do so. I however, have no means of going back to that page. Is there any way to get back to that page so I can select that option?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
I see. You might try editing the URL manually to see if you can get in that way.

The campaign level dashboard URL looks like this:
https://adwords.google.com/cm/CampaignMgmt?authuser=0&__u=xxxxxxxx&__c=xxxxxxx#r.ONLINE.cm&app=cm

The page you are stuck on should look something like this:
https://adwords.google.com/um/GetStarted/Home?_u=xxxxxxxx5&__c=xxxxxxxxx&authuser=0#cp

I would try pasting the the first url I gave, and replacing the x's in the c and u with the ones you see in your URL. Not sure it will work, but should be easy for you test out.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adam S
January 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a bunch. That did not work, but it gave me an another idea and it worked. Changing the URL can get me to the first step with the skip link.

Typing #AB at the end, instead of #bl or #cp, took me to the first tab with the link to skip. Skipping then worked fine.