AdWords
2.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot add another user to Google AdWords account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I try to add another email address to my Google AdWords account, I get the following error: An error occurred. Please try again later.

What is preventing me from adding another user to my account?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @rob c,

You have to have the right permissions to add another user. If you are a limited user, you cannot add someone.

If you are the owner/admin, you would want to use this information to add a user to AdWords.  If you still have the error, you should try logging out of all Google Accounts, clearing your browser cache, disabling browser extensions that are not from Google (Drive is okay, third-party extensions like AdBlock are not).

And you would want to make sure you are using the latest Google Chrome browser. If you were with the error, try a different web browser and see what happens. 

Please give these a go and then let us know what you discover. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I am able to add other email addresses, just not the one I need to add. I have tried adding email addresses that have a different domain name as well as email addresses with the same domain as the one I want to add.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @rob c,

It sounds like there is an issue with the email address you are attempting to add, and not your account itself. Could the email address have been added to more than five AdWords accounts? 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

only mmc account can do it

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @ProAdworder.

AdWords Manager Account (old name: My Client Center/MCC) is for managing multiple AdWords accounts.

The information I provided in post #2 of this thread goes over adding users to AdWords account without the use of a AdWords Manager Account. You should take a look and expand your understanding of the uses. 

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No, it isn't in any AdWords accounts. I can't even log into AdWords with the email address I want to add. It just puts me in a loop asking for my account email address, then password, when I supply the password it asks for the account email address again.