AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Cannot Access New Responsive Ad Editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I work as a marketer for different companies. One of the companies I manage has some responsive Display ads. The problem is that the better responsive ad editor available in this client's account is NOT available in my other clients' accounts. Here's a picture of the nice editor available only for this client:

2017-05-30 16_36_57-Campaign Management – Google AdWords - Chromium.png

So my question is, why can't I access this editor (and make these nicer responsive Display ads) in my other accounts? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paige P
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Paige P,

Sorry for the delay... I was deep in some webcoding projects and distracted from the fun. Smiley Happy

Okay... I have played around with several accounts to attempt to recreate your two screenshots.

1) The top image, the editor you prefer, is the old editor. 

2) The bottom image, the one you want to avoid, is the new editor. This is what everyone will have soon enough.

Also, I actually get slightly different editor layouts based on the following: age of account (those created many years ago versus those created months ago), whether using classic or alpha AdWords layout, and whether I am using Display Only or Display with Search Select. 

Further, if you open a display ad group and click on Ads and then +Ad and then Ad Gallery and then General Purpose Ads and then Blank Template, you will have the closest editor layout to your preferred choice.  

Please keep in mind that with so many AdWords accounts around the world, updates are rolled out in waves and batches... and at any given time, two accounts can utilize slightly different elements while remaining the same as far as general features and over functions. 

For more general info about responsive ads for AdWords, please refer to this file.

Kind Regards,

James 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

It looks like the same features and layout as the standard one... but with a black background/theme. It seems like it is merely a browser theme (dark mode) and not a AdWords product. I could be wrong on this... as there could be a test running with AdWords for a few accounts. I do know a browser can control colors and do this.

All the Best,

James 

Re: Cannot Access New Responsive Ad Editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

James,

Please review the following pictures:

Here's the newer, better layout (I disabled the dark reader extension so you can see it more clearly):

2017-05-31 08_57_12-Campaign Management – Google AdWords - Chromium.png

Here's what I would see in any other account:

2017-05-31 08_58_46-Campaign Management – Google AdWords - Chromium.png

As you can now clearly see, it is not at all "the same features and layout as the standard one". You say Adwords could be running a test, but as far as I know this account has had ads like this for months. Is there any documentation ANYWHERE of this newer, different editor?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bumping this topic, still looking for an answer as to the difference between these two responsive display ad editors, and how to get the 'nicer' one to come up?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paige P
June 2017

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Paige P,

Sorry for the delay... I was deep in some webcoding projects and distracted from the fun. Smiley Happy

Okay... I have played around with several accounts to attempt to recreate your two screenshots.

1) The top image, the editor you prefer, is the old editor. 

2) The bottom image, the one you want to avoid, is the new editor. This is what everyone will have soon enough.

Also, I actually get slightly different editor layouts based on the following: age of account (those created many years ago versus those created months ago), whether using classic or alpha AdWords layout, and whether I am using Display Only or Display with Search Select. 

Further, if you open a display ad group and click on Ads and then +Ad and then Ad Gallery and then General Purpose Ads and then Blank Template, you will have the closest editor layout to your preferred choice.  

Please keep in mind that with so many AdWords accounts around the world, updates are rolled out in waves and batches... and at any given time, two accounts can utilize slightly different elements while remaining the same as far as general features and over functions. 

For more general info about responsive ads for AdWords, please refer to this file.

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank for the reply.

I found out about the Ad Gallery version yesterday after much digging around. I also figured out that it was the old version, not the new one. Why they remove features on update, I have no idea. I know Adwords is massive, but it really is frustrating to have documentation that's never up-to-date and a lack of communication about *what* is changing when they roll out updates.

Anyways, thanks for devoting some of your time to this. Really appreciate it. Smiley Happy