1.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Cancelled my account ( was suspended ) but not sure if I am getting refund of balance...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is what happened...

I created my ad, waited to see if it would be approved... about half an hour later , it was approved.

The ad was approved, and the keywords were approved, so I thought at this point it was OK for me to deposit some money ( $500 ).

I deposited my $500... soon after the deposit was accepted, I get a message at the top of my screen saying that my account has been suspended due to repeated violations ( Why is it that my ad would be approved, and then only after depositing $500 I get hit with an account suspension? My credit card is legitimate... )

At this point I just wanted to get a refund. So as it says in the help section, I cancelled my account, as supposedly this would initiate a refund of my balance.

So I clicked on 'cancel account' and my account is canceled. Then I clicked on 'refund balance' , and I am just taken to my transaction history... no refund form or any mention of how to get a refund, or if I am getting a refund automatically.

Is there someone here who can tell me if I am getting an automatic refund? Or do I need to fill out a form or make a request?

Thank you for your help...

( Customer ID: 306-179-0704 )

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2017

Cancelled my account ( was suspended ) but not sure if I am getting refund of balance...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Walter,

The refund process does happen on its own once you cancelled your account and it has a balance. Please review this information that covers the refund process with AdWords. It will take a few weeks (sometimes longer) for it all to process out.

As for the reason this happened... it stated repeated violations as the reason. This did not happen because you deposited money... the system simply acted on its own, as did you. The timing was unrelated. The suspension will happen again and again with any future accounts, unfortunately. 

Please note that this is a peer-to-peer public help community (which is why it warns not to share account numbers, personal info, etc.), so I am not a Google employee and am simply offering an proper answer to your help inquiry.

Kind Regards,

Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile