AdWords
4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Can you use a brand account for AdWords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Right now I have a company that's using a personal account for AdWords and a brand account for Google My Business. They would like to incorporate the brand account into the AdWords one (even if it means shutting down the first account and recreating everything under the new account). However, when I look at managing brand accounts, it doesn't mention if it works with AdWords. At the same time, support information about location extensions says that the same email needs to be used with AdWords and Google My Business in order for it to work.

Is it possible to turn that personal account into a business/brand account and transfer ownership of the Google My Business account over to it? Or should we be looking at adding users to address the issue?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can give others access to your Adwords account by going to the top right corner of your Adwords account and clicking on the wheel/cog looking icon. When you click on it, click next on "Linked accounts" in the drop down menu. Click next on "Account Access" in the left column. You will see a red button that says "+USERS". Click that to add that company email address as a user, and make sure to give it administrative access.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Technically, the "type" of the account doesn't matter much. You can promote whatever service or product on both.

I would be cautious before closing an account with good performance. You will lose all history which does play a role in calculating QS

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’