AdWords
2.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Can we run multiple Google Adwords accounts for same website?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running AdWords for multiple franchise locations around the world, operating under the same domain. I would like to have separate billing for each of these locations, ie. multiple AdWords account.

Per my research says that this is considered double serving and is against google's policies. However, my situation may be different as the ads are being shown in different regions (hence zero unfair advantage).

Can we run multiple AdWords account for the same website?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can we run multiple Google Adwords accounts for same website?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well... technically you are correct because the audiences are different (different countries) however, experience has shown that for some reason a franchisees overlap  the same regions(s) and this where a violation starts.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Do so only if you have to (for example, separate billing).

One wrong setting - which is the default by the way - can have you showing in regions other than where you have chosen. 

One slip up and you could lose access to AdWords forever. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yeah, I agree with @RobSkelton. Extra caution is advised, even with default settings.

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Salman M,

One way that I've found to get around this challenge is to get Google's assistance in linking multiple accounts from behind the scenes.  This will guarantee that no more than one ad from all the linked accounts will be served for a single auction.

Now, you're going to want to be super specific with your location targeting to remove any possible confusion around which franchise's ads for a given search.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. How about if we use the franchise locations under a subdomain. Are the considered as the same website, or does this work?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tommy. How can I get google's assistance from behind the scenes, and will they be able to help personally?

Also, I plan on running almost identical campaigns in each of the accounts, but to be shown to different locations. Does this add to the risk?