AdWords
1.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Can't remove AdWords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have an AdWords account which I created for a now defunct business so I could link it with my Google Partners profile, but now I want to delete that account but I cannot find out how.

I'm at https://adwords.google.com/mcm/Mcm and when I go to Account settings > Preferences I cannot find any button to delete the account.

Thanks,

Will.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Will Melbourne
September 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Will Melbourne,

You would need to set up another email address (even a dummy one) and then assign Admin rights to it, then remove your email from that AdWords account. You cannot manually remove or delete one. 

Further, you can also create a secondary AdWords Manager Account (old name: MCC/My Client Center) and then move non-active account to it, or you can use the hide feature in AdWords Manager account, or you can call AdWords and they can help you eliminate it. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Will Melbourne
September 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Will Melbourne,

You would need to set up another email address (even a dummy one) and then assign Admin rights to it, then remove your email from that AdWords account. You cannot manually remove or delete one. 

Further, you can also create a secondary AdWords Manager Account (old name: MCC/My Client Center) and then move non-active account to it, or you can use the hide feature in AdWords Manager account, or you can call AdWords and they can help you eliminate it. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

is this still the case? and if so, will any data be lost?