AdWords
2.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Can’t login to my AdWords account.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I haven’t logged in to my AdWords account for a couple years and when I’m trying to login now I just get into a loop…

I used to access AdWords from Google Apps account, so I used the same email for Google Apps and AdWords .

When I click on Sign in, in the AdWords  page, I get a page with 4 steps:

1 About your business
2 Your first campaign
3 Billing
4 Review

and it asks “What is your email address?” it’s already filled in with the correct email address but with an error message underneath:

“This email is already associated with an AdWords account. To create a new account, enter a different email address. To sign in to your existing account, click "Continue".”

When I click “Continue”, the page try to load something but it comeback to the same page.

And if I click “Skip the guided set-up.” I get another error message:

“This email address, enquiries@mydomain.co.uk, is for an organisational account already associated with AdWords. To access your existing AdWords account, please sign in using enquiries%mydomain@gtempaccount.com.”

I tried to use enquiries%mydomain@gtempaccount.com as instructed to sign in with the AdWords password but it comes back with login error.

There are no more options on the page.

I done a lot of search and also called Google but nothing.

A couple of more info:

I thought it’ maybe a password issue, so I tried to sign in using a different browser and selected “forgot password” and successfully changed the password, but still same problem.

I have another AdWords account that I can access under the same domain but with different user (different email).

Thank you for any help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can’t login to my AdWords account.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Bournemouth I;

The email can be associated with only one AdWords account.

Has the administrator granted access to this email (in the user apps on the Admin console)?

If granted, the best would be to access the account using the other email remove the access to this account and later grant the access again.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @MosheTLV
Thanks for your reply

The email (enquiries@...) is associated with only one AdWords account which I can’t access at the moment. This email is actually the administrator email, so it’s definitely has access to the user apps on the Admin console.

I guess I can’t do what you are suggesting “If granted, the best would be to access the account using the other email remove the access to this account and later grant the access again.“ because as I mentioned above, this is actually the administrator email account, so accessing the other email account won’t allow me to remove this the administrator email account.

The strange thing is that I’m actually logged in fine because under the same email address (and password) I can access Google Apps! But then when I click on AdWords I get sing in to a different page where all the issues mentioned above start to happen. I think there is some sort of conflicting accounts here but I’m not sure what and how to fix it.

I will appreciate very much any help Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Bournemouth I

AdWords access privileges are different than Google Apps.

If the other email has admin  privilege in the AdWords account it can take over as Adnin for AdWords only.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @MosheTLV
I logged in to the other account but it has no links at all to the other account that I have issue with.

Do you know anything about how to use and login into ....%......@gtempaccount.com ?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
It seems that you have conflicting accounts;
Read here;
https://support.google.com/a/answer/185186?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @MosheTLV

Thanks for all your replies so far but the issue still there.
I've already looked at the link you gave above:

"Change to an account with a..." is not an option as I need to stay with the same account.

"Sign in with a temporary username Google provides (jane%mydomain@gtempaccount.com)." I already tried to do this (as mentioned above) but no luck.

Can’t login to my AdWords account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cant login to my google adwords account website paa-pest-control.com.my