AdWords
2.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Can't log into Adwords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I try to log into Adwords, whether it be for Keyword Planner or to view how my account is doing, it automatically brings me to setup "Your first campaign" with seemingly no other options. It wants me to set a budget, choose my audience, and write my ad. Why is it doing this? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Colin A
October 2015

Re: Can't log into Adwords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Colin, how are things?

Is your account a brand new one? Have you created your account recently or it's an already in-use account?

If it's a new one, you will have to complete the creation of your first campaign in order to access the interface for the first time. You can create your campaign, your ad group and even your keyword, but you should be able to skip the ad creation, so that way you campaign won't run, even with billing information set up.

Now, if you account was already running, that's an odd thing. Try to use another browser, cleaning your cookies and data and all these standard stuff, and if that doesn't work, you can try to contact support from here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Colin A
October 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Colin, how are things?

Is your account a brand new one? Have you created your account recently or it's an already in-use account?

If it's a new one, you will have to complete the creation of your first campaign in order to access the interface for the first time. You can create your campaign, your ad group and even your keyword, but you should be able to skip the ad creation, so that way you campaign won't run, even with billing information set up.

Now, if you account was already running, that's an odd thing. Try to use another browser, cleaning your cookies and data and all these standard stuff, and if that doesn't work, you can try to contact support from here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Leandro Martinez

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Colin,

If you have set your time zone and currency in adwords and saved it, then you can easily access the Keyword planner or display planner tool without setting up any campaign.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Why does it force you to make a campaign and put in your credit card info? Seems like more of a hassle than it really should be

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How exactly would I go about doing that, since the only option it gives me is starting my first campaign?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Colin,

I would like to know that either. These steps didn't exist earlier and personally, it was not a very good change in my opinion.

Maybe it's a way from Google to force people to use Adwords? I don't know...

We already suggest changes in that process, so by now, all that is left is for us to wait and see.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Colin.
The tool is for AdWords users only. It's not a free for all. If you're using it as intended, you will be using it right at the campaign creation time so it's actually quite logical. I also believe that you won't even be able to skip this oricess/perform this workaround after the end of October so get your fill Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to make sure that Adwords is linked to my Youtube channel in order to monetize videos. I just wanted to be able to access my account to view these settings, how everything is doing, and use keyword in order to title my videos better. I guess that's not possible to do unless you start your first campaign and give them your credit card info. Smiley Sad

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Colin,
You don't need to link your YouTube account to an AdWords account to monetize videos. You need to link them to an ADSENSE account. They're different things (although related).

And yes, the tool is just for AdWords advertisers. At least it will be, exclusively, after next week.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm a complete idiot, have not been sleeping well for the last few days. I appreciate the help!