AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Can't get into Keyword Planner tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm trying to access the keyword planner. but every time I enter it, is keeps coming up with the captcha, it states unusual traffic coming from my IP etc.

my browser setting have been cleared no extensions on. and my PC is cleaned daily so I'm not sure why it's not allow me on.

I can access all the other setting on AdWord apart from keyword planner.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
February 2016

Re: Can't get into Keyword Planner tool

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Gareth a@Archit

This is known issue to Google, and Google Product Managers are working on it.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gareth,

First try after removing cookies and caches.
Else, try with another browser.
If still you face this issue then try with another IP as this issue is generated when there are repeated searches on Google from the same IP within very short span of time.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
only thing I have not tried is another browser. But is has started to work as of this moment. Smiley Happy
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
February 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Gareth a@Archit

This is known issue to Google, and Google Product Managers are working on it.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Gareth,

As Archit rightly suggested, try using a different browser first and also try if the Incongnito window on your browser works.

Incongnito works for me most of the time.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers
Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Thanks @RAKESH for the update.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

are they still working on this issue? To get access to the keyword planner tool do i HAVE to create an ad and put money and CC details etc? that's a bit too much GOogle is asking.. isnt it? Why would a researcher want to give all cc details and create an ad when ALL I WANT IS TO use the tool to research a few keywords from time to time?

Thanks.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Hi Raakhee,

No, you do not need to put in your CC details etc. to gain access to the Keyword Tool. Just use your account credentials to login to the AdWords interface and create a dummy campaign (with negligible bids, sample text ads, etc) and you should be good to access the tool.

This used to be an issue in the past but I personally have never faced an issue here. I have new trainees creating dummy accounts and using the tool almost every day.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers
Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"