AdWords
1.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Can someone PLEASE JUST HELP ME!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello and thanks for reading.  I'm sorry to say... my experience with google AdWords has been, by far, the most frustrating, infuriating, helpless, experience in memory.  I am trying to start a new business and i can say without any sarcasm that i have literally spent in excess of 10 hours SIMPLY TRYING TO GET IN TOUCH WITH MY CAMPAIGN MANAGER since May 7th 2017 and to this day (May 24th) have had no success.  The "call only campaign" was set up early in May.  Here is the, now ironic, part of the message i received a couple of days later as a follow up to my onboarding:

If you have any questions about the program, we’d be happy to answer them. Feel free to call or email me directly.
Cheers,
Mike P
<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>
AdWords Calls Offer Consultant
© 2017 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

As the ad began to run i started receiving calls... I own a plumbing business.  Nearly ALL of the calls i received were people trying to specifically get in touch with other plumbing companies.  This was an option that i specifically discussed with Mike.  He said he would follow up with me a few days later to see how the ad was working out.  It wasn't working out.  I immediately wanted to change it.  I never heard from him again.  I sent several e-mails and left several voice-mails.  No response.  I called the help line.  All i wanted to do was get in touch with SOMEONE who could help me.  About 12 calls, 8 emails, 10 hours of wasted time, $500, no customers,  and 3-1/2 weeks later i am in the EXACT SAME PLACE.  No one has been able to help me.  No one returns e-mails and no one returns my phone calls.  I have literally been told FOUR times on separate occasions that someone would be calling me back within the hour, only to never hear back.  This is my last resort before taking legal action and seeking a means of public exposure to the illegitimacy of google adwords.  I hope someone hears me!!  Thanks for taking the time to read this.. whoever you are.  PLEASE HELP ME.  People that may be involved with this extreme case of customer mistreatment are Rays Antonio, Michael Pan, and George Gonzalez.  From what i have been able to find out they are mishandling my campaign from the Mountainview California Office.  Thanks again for your time.

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After reading your post twice, I still can't extrapolate what it is that you are wanting help with. If the help you want is for Google to contact you, then I would suggest trying other channels as this is largely a community of users, not Google employees, that are here to share there expertise and knowledge with new users of the platform. Sounds to me like perhaps your issue could be resolved with the addition of negative keywords.

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi Joshua,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience. I'm escalating this case internally, and will be sharing your feedback directly with the management team.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for responding Cassie! Truly, I appreciate it.  What would be the next step from here? I would still like to speak with someone that could tell me what exactly happened and discuss further options. I certainly don't want this Ad to automatically renew only to waste another $500 though. I believe that time is approaching soon.  Many thanks again for your help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, yes I think you're right in that the problem could have been easily resolved with the addition of negative keywords. This is something I needed help with as I am new to adwords and completely unfamiliar with it.  Unfortunately this post is in fact about simply trying to get someone to contact me... Unbelievable I know.. I've literally tried every other avenue imaginable without success.  Looks like Cassie may be able to help. Here's hoping! Thanks for your response.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi Joshua,

No next steps needed from your end. I've already heard back from the management team, and someone should be getting in touch with you either today or early next week. If you don't hear back by end of day next Tuesday, please respond here so that I can follow up again.

Cassie