AdWords
1.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Can i use a new adword account for the same website to change the currency?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a US dollar currency set to my adwords account, however, my bank has limited US dollar online spending, so i can now only pay with my local Egyptian pounds currency, i signed up for a new adword account, and i want to stop the campaigns from my USD account and run it again on my new EGY pounds account, would this be violating adword policies? thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there,

Google has a policy of only one account per advertiser, however many advertisers have multiple accounts for legitimate reasons, such as yours. My personal opinion is that if you cease operating your current account, and start using a new account for the reason you have stated, you will be OK. But keep in mind that Google uses automated systems to find people who are trying to circumvent policies, and there is always a possibility that your new account will be flagged.

In my experience, asking Google support staff beforehand for permission can have mixed results.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

As long as only one account is active and you do not run campaigns simultaneously from both accounts - you should be fine.

Issues are typically raised  when someone at a business activates one campaign and "forgets" to pause the campaign on the other account. ....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’