AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Can i have multiple accounts with the same site and credit card?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum and i will be thankful for your opinions and coments

I have a client that sell presential courses. The structure of the site is like this:

www.mydomain.com/course-1
www.mydomain.com/course-2
www.mydomain.com/course-3
www.mydomain.com/course-4
www.mydomain.com/course-5

Each course is totally Independent of the other ones (different building, different teachers, different prices) but the content and the target are very similar.

At the moment i have:
- One account
- 5 campaigns (one for each course)
- Ad groups and ads in each campaigns

The problem

All the courses are very similar so a lot of keywords (from the 5 campaigns) are the same and they compete each other. The same happens with landing pages, they have similar content.

Considering that:
- The way that the users are looking for all the courses is similar (search terms)
- All the courses are in the same city (the target is the same)
- For all the courses is the same site and credit card

Can i have one account for each course?
What do you advise me?

Thanks so much for your opinons and coments

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emanuel A
October 2015

Re: Can i have multiple accounts with the same site and credit card?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Emanuel A; Welcome;

Simple answer: No;

This would be a violation of the "gaining an  unfair advantage" section of the Policy.

Promoting similar services to the same audience by the same business entity - is not allowed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Emanuel A
October 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Emanuel A; Welcome;

Simple answer: No;

This would be a violation of the "gaining an  unfair advantage" section of the Policy.

Promoting similar services to the same audience by the same business entity - is not allowed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @MosheTVL
Thanks for the welcome and for your fast answer!
Regards

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Emanuel,

You can not advertise same website with multiple adwords accounts as its violates adwords policies.

As per your client's services you need to avoid duplicate Keywords..otherwise they will compete each other in the ad auction.

for this i suggest you to create different campaigns according to different theme to avoid duplicate keyword and hence competing each other.

For example:

your course is MBA then have a campaign with general keywords

and create all other campaign related to particular course like create 1 campaign using keywords MBA in marketing, another campaign with keywords like MBA in finance and so on..

this will avoid duplicate kw ans also you can create more relevant ads with better quality score.

Also you can create Adgroups with same keywords with different match types.

1 more thing that i suggest you to add is Site links extension using all your different courses. 

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Archit,
Thanks for your answer, the problem is that the courses are very similar, so the keywords to... but i will do all the efforts to work in that way.
Thanks!!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Well I can try to structuring your campaigns and adgroups if you share some of your courses. so that I can analyse how the avoid duplicate keywords.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’