AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Can i find out the IP of users that come from the Adwords ads?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 2 users that black mail me on the company phone.

The phone calls r coming from CALL-ONLY campaign, so i dont think i can find those users IP from the server log of my website.

How can i find out there IP according there phone numbers? is it possible to do it via the Adwords system?

I will be glad to get some help here please.

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can i find out the IP of users that come from the Adwords ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Chen,
Google never disclose the ip aaddresses of the users to access by anyone. It is highly confidential

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So whats the solution for fake users that click on my ads and call me just for black mail me?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Each click on an AdWords ad is examined by the system. Google looks at numerous data points for each click, including the IP address, the time of the click, any duplicate clicks, and various other click patterns. System then analyzes these factors to try to isolate and filter out potentially invalid clicks before they ever show up in your account.

If invalid clicks, that have somehow escaped our automated detection in the past two months, you will get credit for these clicks.
for your reference: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549113

How Google investigates

So if the clicks are coming from the same IP, Google will filter out those and stop the ads being shown to those IPs.

As calls from call only campaigns are initiated by a click on the ad so, in this case invalid clicks will be taken into consideration by the Google.

What you need to do from your end is use negative keywords. Analyse your search term report periodically and add those irrelevant terms to your negative keyword list.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the information mate.