AdWords
2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Can anyone confirm if I identified a bug in Adwords Editor 11.4.3?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

I just sent this video to Adwords Editor support re: Adwords Editor 11.4.3: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2s54y62szA&hd=1

When you set operators to "Removed" in the "Ad Group Status" column when importing a CSV, it sets them to "Paused" instead of removing them.

Let me know if anyone else if having the same issue.

Thanks,

Michal

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
June 2016

Re: Can anyone confirm if I identified a bug in Adwords Editor 11.4.3?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
June 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Igor,

Thanks for the answer -- that solved that. I have a 2nd question for you regarding Adwords Editor's posting to servers speed.

We developed an algorithm which allows us to compute big data. We're still testing the technology's viability, so we're currently exporting the data in CSV format, importing it to the Adwords Editor, verifying changes, and then posting to Adwords servers. It's actually a good testing workflow / environment for debugging while we develop and adjust things.

We do however have some issues with posting speeds to Adwords servers. We're currently sitting on a 12Mbps / 12 Mbps internet line in our office, and we're debating to upgrade to a 30/30 (to increase the upload speed). Will this make a difference? Or does the Adwords Editor automatically default to a preset constant speed, no matter what the connection is? I've also heard that the load on Adwords servers can also affect speeds (night may be a better time to push data).

Appreciate the support from the engineering team!

Cheers,

Michal

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Higher bandwidth is unlikely to make a difference. Upload is dominated by server-side processing time. Editor is nowhere near saturating a typical network connection on upload - most of the time is spent waiting for the server to respond. In fact, AdWords servers may artificially limit the throughput when the client is pushing a lot of changes fast:
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/rate-limits

If and when you advance far enough to implement your own AdWords API client, consider using BatchJobService:
https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/batch-jobs

This is supposedly most efficient for large uploads, as it allows the server to perform its own scheduling. No first-hand experience though - Editor doesn't use it at this time.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you sir!